Inspired by Chinese noodle salad, this is Kwong family’s special recipe. Along with noodle salad, the dish contains Chinese barbecue pork pieces that will surely please meat lovers. For this recipe freshly prepared thin egg noodles are needed as these are quite delicate in texture and not so filling. But you can even prepare it with Hokkien or Shanghai noodles, depending on your taste.
- 2 large celery sticks, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g fresh thin egg noodles
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 250g Chinese barbecue pork, warm or at room temperature, finely sliced
- 90g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 60g (½ cup) drained pickled carrots* (recipe here)
- 80ml (⅓ cup) liquid from pickled carrots*
- 50g (½ cup) fresh black fungus
- 2 tsp sesame oil
How to prepare:
1. Boil water in a large saucepan and blanch celery in it for 30 seconds. After that remove it with a slotted spoon, refresh under cold running water. Once drained, pat it dry to ensure no water is left in it.
2. Add vegetable oil to the same pan of water and heat it again to boil. Now, add noodles to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. After that place it in a large bowl.
3. Take another nonstick frying pan and heat sugar and soy sauce in it until sugar dissolves completely. Add pork to this same pan and heat it for good 45 seconds or until slightly sticky.
4.Next step is to add pork and remaining ingredients to noodles and toss well with your hands.
5.Arrange on a platter with a little garnishing and serve.
Do try this recipe for your family or friends, and do share your experience with us.