Aaron Franklin is renowned Austin BBQ legend has now come up with new handmade smokers that are designed specifically for professional pitmasters. According to him, Franklin Barbecue Pits are going to help purists take their culinary skills to another level.
It is an offset smoker containing a firebox, which is attached to the rear of the grill for adding fuel. The entire pit is made from over 600 pounds of steel. It’s first manufactured in natural steel and further powder-coated to prevent the metal from getting oxidized or corrode over time.
The cooking area of the smoker is spacious enough to accommodate three large briskets. Just like any other smoker, this pro device also enables high circulation, moisture retention, and temperature control.
Franklin has explained on this official website:
They are built with purpose. They are the result of everything I’ve learned and all the happy accidents I’ve made over the years. But my pits don’t cook on their own. They need you. They need your hard work, your passion, your patience, and your craft. Give them that, and they’ll reward you every single time.
Specifications of Franklin Barbecue Pit are:
* 7 feet long and 81-inches from wheels up to its removable smokestack
* Made with 600 pounds of steel and shipped inside a single crate
* 42-inches cooking chamber for cooking 3 briskets
* Franklin Barbecue Pits even has the company’s signature smoke collector
* There is a brushed steel handle, single cooking grate, and the whole thing moves on 5-inches casters.
* These pits are constructed for offering the perfect amount of convection and airflow
You can get Franklin’s pits either in steel or powder-coat finish, depending on your preferences. However, these pits are not cheap – as they are priced at $2,950. But due to the increasing demand for this pit, you have to register for the waiting list on Franklin BBQ Pits’ official website.