Are you a vegan but want to prepare something for your carnivore friend for the next home party? If yes, this recipe is just for you. This Vegan BBQ Recipe is something that looks and tastes like pulled pork and would definitely help you score points with your meat loving friends.
The recipe is called pulled jackfruit sandwiches, which are easy-t0-make, delicious, and resemble the taste of pulled pork. Not only the recipe is tasty, but also made with some affordable ingredients that are easily found in a grocery store near you. So, let’s begin with the grocery list:
2 cans young jackfruit
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 hamburger buns
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoon hot sauce
1 bag shredded slaw mix
1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon cayenne
- Take a large bowl and mix two cans young jackfruit, two teaspoons cayenne, two teaspoons garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Now on medium-high heat, add two tablespoons olive oil into a nonstick pan. Warm the oil, and then add jackfruit. Allow it to simmer until jackfruit is tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for BBQ sauce. Mix thoroughly and pour half sauce into the pan with jackfruit. Stir it on the medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Now mash the jackfruit with a potato masher until it begins to shred and looks like pulled pork. Remove the pan from heat and now mix remaining BBQ sauce into the jackfruit.
- Next step is to mix all ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Make sandwiches by putting a spoon full of jackfruit onto a hamburger bun. Top it up with slaw and serve.