Are you a lover of both Super Bowl LVII, American football game, and smoky BBQ meals? Well, you can get both at one place this Sunday. The Super Bowl 2023 between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles broadcast will happen on Sunday, February 12th at 6:30 p.m. You can see it on ET and FOX 5. In preparation for the big game, we have compiled a list of the best places to find authentic Kansas City barbecue in the Washington D.C. area.
Kansas City barbecue is popular for its sweet and thick sauce, which is a combination of tomato, molasses, and sometimes brown sugar. And, smoked meats, such as pork, chicken, beef, fish, sausage, or turkey.
List of Popular BBQ Food Joints in Kansas City During Super Bowl 2023
If you are wondering which places to try in Kansas City for BBE, here are some of the top barbecue joints offering Kansas City-style barbecue in the D.C. area:
1. Federalist Pig (multiple locations)
2. Black Hog BBQ (multiple locations)
3. DCity Smokehouse (203 Florida Ave NW, Washington, D.C.)
4. Hill Country Barbecue Market (410 7th St NW, Washington, D.C.)
5. Fat Pete’s BBQ (it’s located at 3407 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, D.C.)
6. Cinder BBQ (800 Upshur St NW, Washington, D.C.)
7. 2fifty BBQ (4700 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, Maryland)
8. Money Muscle BBQ (8630 Fenton St, Silver Spring, Maryland)
9. District BBQ (2670 Avenir Place, Vienna, Virginia)
10. Myron Mixon’s Pitmaster Barbecue (220 N Lee Street, Alexandria, Virginia)
11. Smokecraft Modern Barbecue (1051 N Highland Street, Arlington, Virginia)
Click here for more information about the game and where to watch it on TV or online in the DMV.
We have also put together a list of 6 Highly Recommended BBQ Restaurants You Must Try in Indiana and 7 Best BBQ Restaurants To Try in the US. You can check out these lists as well to find out more about amazing BBQ cities in other parts of the world.