Planning for a backyard BBQ with your family and friends and wondering want special to include in the menu? How about Barbecue Chicken Tikka. Well, BBQ Chicken Tikka is a flavorful dish that actually comes from the Indian subcontinent. However, it has now become a popular BBQ dish to prepare all across the globe, including the US. If you decide to prepare this recipe, it is sure to delight your taste buds with its smoky, spicy, and tangy flavors.
1.5kg chicken cut into quarters
2 tablespoons brown vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
70g tomato paste
1 cup tamarind sauce (thick)
1 tablespoon garlic and ginger mince
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1. Take a large bowl and add the brown vinegar, turmeric powder, salt, garlic and ginger mince, paprika, tomato sauce, tamarind sauce, cumin powder, and sugar. Mix everything well.
2. Now, add chicken pieces into the bowl while coating them with the prepared marinade. Let it sit for two hours in a refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C or barbecue grill .
4. If you are using a barbecue grill, add chicken pieces onto the grill and let it cook for around 8 to 10 minutes on either side unless the chicken is properly prepared. If you are cooking on an oven, put the chicken pieces into a casserole dish and start baking for one hour at 200°C.
5. When properly cooked, take off the chicken from the oven or grill and keep it on a serving plate. Do garnish it with sliced onions, lemon, and fresh coriander leaves.
6. You may even serve Barbecue Chicken Tikka along with some mixed green salad, potato salad, and wholemeal toasted bread.
- Instead of chicken quarter, you may use chicken breast or chicken thighs.
- For making it more spicy, you can add red chili powder or put hot sauce into the marinade.
- Do you want to make your dish not so spicy? You can reduce the amount of tamarind and paprika sauce in the marinade.
- To properly cook the chicken, you may use a meat thermometer for checking the internal temperature. Th temperature must be at least 75°C.
- You may even put in some vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms, to skewers for preparing well-balanced meal.
Barbecue Chicken Tikka is an easy-to-prepare and very delicious recipe to impress your family and friends. It is ideal for any special occasion – be it a date night, celebration with friends or some other special day. Do follow the given recipe instructions along with the given tips to prepare perfectly crispy, smoked and spicky Chicken Tikka.